The most romantic time of the year is back and everything starting from the weather, surrounding, and to our mood is very dreamy and full of love. It is the perfect setting of the year when love is in the air, hearts filled with happiness, and scrumptious food on our tables. Men and women find this time perfect to express their feelings to their beloved and make promises to live together forever.
No wonder, Valentine’s Day is one special day when we make our partner feel special and wanted and this feeling of love is incomplete without appetizing food. Isn’t it? But with the ongoing pandemic and restrictions, it can be slightly difficult for love birds to go out and enjoy a fancy romantic dinner. The fear of COVID-19 is still there and people feel hesitant to go out. However, this shouldn’t ruin your Valentine’s Day or stop you from enjoying this lovely day.
One can even celebrate the day of love at their homes. It is safe and secure. Moreover, celebrating Valentine’s Day at home by preparing delicious food in your kitchen can be much more exciting and fun. The trick is to go all out with outfits, décor, wine, lighting, and most important the food and ingredients. Below, we share some of the most romantic dinner ideas that will tickle your desi as well as non-desi taste buds. So, without waiting for further ado, let’s get into the details:
- Pudina Lamb Cutlets – Who doesn’t love Lamb Cutlets? This dish can be slightly expensive in restaurants. But preparing this dish at home turns out to be nominal and very simple. It only takes a few minutes to prepare this dish. However, it is essential to take care of the lamb you are choosing to cook. It should be fresh and according to your cooking needs. The next thing you need to do is clean and marinate the lamb with pudina and vinegar-based marination for more than half an hour. This is the most important step which will add flavor to the lamb. Later cook it on the grill or in the oven to have that delicious charcoal taste. This dish requires minimal effort and tastes delectable.
- Chicken Curry – No wonder, every Indian loves Chicken Curry, be it a Punjabi or Maharashtrian. Also, cooking this dish on the most romantic day of the year for your beloved will make him or her fall in love with you more. This dish is super simple to prepare. One needs to prepare the masala of the dish using basic ingredients like onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes. Next, add the clean chicken into the cooked masala and add in some water. Leave it on low flame till the chicken gets cooked properly. You can serve it with chapatti or plain rice.
- Bagel Salmon – Cooking something unique and new for your partner is a pleasure in itself. And what could be better than cooking a nice Salmon for your partner? Preparing a fish can be a little tricky but one can do it if he knows the right way. This dish is prepared with a homemade blend of sesame seeds, dried onion, garlic, salt, and poppy seeds. First of all, preheat the oven at 425degree F and prepare the fish with the blend of seeds and cook it in the oven. The bright and crunchy seeds offer a nice flavor to the soft and roasted salmon. One can serve it with freshly prepared salad to add more flavor and taste to the dish. You can even prepare a sauce to pour on the fish.
- MalaiPaneer Tikka – This is a perfect dish for starters. The tender paneer marinated a night before Valentine’s dinner date is perfect. A lot of people think that cooking MalaiPaneer Tikka at home requires a lot of ingredients and skills. But it does not. All you need to do is to prepare the marination by taking some malai and adding spices like salt, pepper, chili, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, etc. in it. Coat the paneer well with the marination and simply keep it aside overnight. Later, grill it in the oven or on the grill pan. Serve it with mint chutney or dip of your choice. This is a beautiful starter that will raise the bar of your cooking skills.
- Strawberry dipped in Chocolate – Feeling confused about what to prepare for Valentine Dessert? Well, nothing is romantic as well as flirty than the strawberries dipped in chocolate. This dessert takes a few minutes to prepare and tastes heavenly. Simply take some juicy and fresh strawberries and dip them in melted dark chocolate. Don’t forget to add a pinch of chili on the top to balance the sweetness. Keep them in the refrigerate to chill and serve at the right time. Ensure that you choose the big strawberries so that it is easy to eat and tastes delicious.
- JeeraAalo – A big yes to keeping things simple in the kitchen on Valentine’s Day. Complicating things in the kitchen by trying difficult recipes can spoil the things. Thus, it is better to stick to simple recipes. This dish is fantastic and is super quick to prepare. You can keep it as a side dish or simply add it to your main course. Preparing JeeraAalo requires some aalo, spices, and lots of jeera. Peel the aalo and cut it into cubes. Now take a pan and add some oil or ghee in it along with jeera. Let jeera cook and later add aalo into the pan with some spices. Top it off with some coriander and a little bit of lemon juice to add some tanginess. You can even serve with naan or chapatti.
- Vegan Lasagna – Do you have a vegan Valentine? We got you covered. It can be confusing to prepare something scrumptious for your vegan date. But with Vegan Lasagna, you are all sorted. Also, this dish is an easy meal as one can keep it in the fridge and reheat it later. To prepare this dish you need some blended cashews so that you can avoid dairy cream. Also, get some vegan lasagna sheets, veggies, home-cooked tomato sauce, and some vegan cheese. Prepare it like a normal lasagna in a pan and put cook it in the oven. This dish is perfect for non-meat as well as meat-eaters. Also, while preparing this dish be generous with vegan cheese.
- Zafrani Pulao – A meal is incomplete without tasty ZafraniPulao. Whether you are serving any vegetarian dish or non-vegetarian dish, having pulao on the table is mandatory. This dish fuses basmati rice along with whole spices, cumin, and some saffron. ZafraniPulao is a simple dish but very flavorsome. To prepare this dish, take a pan and heat some oil in it. Put some cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, two cardamons, cloves, and a bay leaf. Let it saute till you can smell the aroma of the spices. Now add washed basmati rice in the pan along with water and let it cook. The pulao can be served with seafood or Indian curry. Your partner will fall in love with this dish.
- Romantic dinner table – While preparing dedicatedly for Valentine’s Day dinner, one must not forget about the romantic dinner table setting. This is one of the most important elements for your dinner date. Try to spread a clean but decent colored tablecloth on the dinner table. Add some red tone table accessories to portray the love. Also, don’t forget to keep matching cloth napkins along with embroidered napkin rings to add a nice touch. Light some red candles to add some more romantic feels. One can even put some flowers on the table.
- Valentine’s Movie Night – What about a nice movie night set up at home on Valentine’s Day along with some desserts and snacks? One doesn’t have to go to a movie theatre to enjoy a movie. This can be done by making a home theater at home. All you need to do is set up some mattresses on the floor and switch off the lights to darken the room. One can either see a movie on the television or set up the projector. A movie night along with prepared dinner dishes is the best setup one can do on Valentine’s Day.
Every dinner idea shared above is unique and super simple to prepare at home. Starting from delicious recipes, mouth-watering desserts, to the DIY table and room settings, we have made it easy for you to do the planning without feeling stressed or pressured. Also, it is essential to note that before expecting amazing results, preparation is important. Try to prepare everything beforehand so that you don’t have to hustle at the last moment. So, stop blushing now and get on to cooking the best Valentine’s Day dinner and prepare the most beautiful and romantic home set up to wow your beloved. We promise these ideas will make your evening lovelier.