The year 2021 has been great for the foodies. Social media platforms such as Instagram and TikTok offered the food creators a chance to showcase their love for food. On the same hand, viewersaccepted the fun and tempting food content with open arms. Due to the corona lockdown, many people tried their hands on cooking and came up with some of the best and unique recipes, dishes, and cooking ideas in 2021. Hence, the year has given us a lot of amazing food ideas to talk about. Some of them even went viral on social media.
The food craze in 2021 was onto some other level. Starting from baked feta cheese, air-fried crispy pasta, to salmon rice bowl, etc. every viral food recipe allowed people to put forward and follow their passion for cooking, their love to try new cuisines, and the curiosity to learn and try new ingredients as well as food techniques.
If you are someone who has the same level of love for food but have missed the delectable viral recipes and food hacks of 2021, then keep reading to give thema shot now:
- Baked Feta Pasta – No wonder, the list of vial food trends is incomplete without Baked Feta Pasta. The recipe became so famous that feta cheese sold out completely in Finland. To prepare the recipe you need to have pasta, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, lemon zest, and some spices. Simply put everything except pasta in a baking dish with feta cheese in the center and bake it for 25-30minutes. Now put in the pasta and mix everything. And Voila! It’s ready to eat.
- Corn Ribs – The one viral recipe which requires very minimal effort is Corn Ribs. This viral dish tastes delectable and you will end up making it every next day. To prepare this dish you need to have corn cobs, olive oil, lemon pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, chipotle lime mayo, and smoked paprika. Firstly, cut the corn into equal parts, mix the spices in olive oil and brush it over the corn. Bake the corn in the oven for around 25 minutes or till they get curled. You can enjoy it with chipotle lime mayo or any other favorite dip.
- Baked Mac & Cheese – We all are well aware of making our all-time favorite Mac & Cheese. But the viral way of making Mac & Cheese is something that you need to try right now. The ingredients that you need here are macaroni, cheddar cheese, shredded cheese, water, cream, and salt. Now take a baking dish, add cheddar cheese block in the center, and the rest of the ingredients all over it. Bake everything for around 50 minutes. Mix it well and serve hot. This dish will simply make you happy.
- Gigi’s Spicy Vodka Pasta – Who doesn’t love Gigi Hadid? Anything Gigi does, her fans follow her. She shared her favorite Spicy Vodka Pasta recipe and people are going gaga over it. She is now the official Queen of Pasta on Instagram. To prepare the dish you need to have olive oil, garlic, and green onion, and heavy cream, a tablespoon of vodka, pasta, spices, butter, tomato paste, basil, and parmesan cheese. Take a pan, put in some butter, garlic, and onion. Later add heavy cream, vodka, and your spices. Now add the boiled pasta and some parmesan cheese. Serve the pasta hot to enjoy its real taste.
- Carrot Bacon – Ever heard about Carrot Bacon? Well, you need to try this viral recipe. The recipe tastes delicious and you won’t resist making more. You need to have peeled carrots, paprika, soya sauce, garlic powder, maple syrup onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Prepare the baking dish by covering it with parchment paper. Now place the carrots onto the baking dish and add the remaining ingredients over it. Mix it well. Let it bake for around 10-12 minutes or till it gets crisp. Let it rest for 2-3minutes. Serve your freshly prepared carrot bacon with spicy mayo or ketchup.
- Pasta Chips – There is no doubt about the fact that most of the viral food trends of 2021 were done with pasta. Another viral dish of 2021 that you cannot miss at any cost of Pasta Chips. This is the most innovative way to consume pasta. To have this dish one needs to have pasta, olive oil, parmesan cheese, spices, and your favorite dip. First thing first, cook the pasta al dente. Now add olive oil and spices to it. Mix it well and transfer it to an air fryer or baking dish. Air fry or bake it for a few minutes till the pasta turns golden. Serve it the Pasta Chips hot with garlic dip, feta cheese dip, or tomato ketchup.
- Tortilla Wrap – Last but certainly not least, it is yet another lip-smacking food idea/recipe that went viral of TikTok and garnered a lot of love. The Mexican styled wrap is easy to make with crunchy veggies, creamy greek yogurt, a couple of sauces, and some toppings to make it a perfect lunch meal. In fact, one can stuff anything of their choice while making the wrap.
All the above-mentioned viral food trends of the year 2021 were loved worldwide. It will not be wrong to say that people had the least expectations from these viral food trends but they turned out so well. So, if you are bored from having usual meals or snacks, then do try these viral food trends and let your taste buds do the happy dance.