Delhi and its street food go hand-in-hand. People of Delhi and their endless love for street food is something which can’t be expressed in words. A lot of people think that Delhi’s street food is all about chaats but you are completely wrong. The streets of Delhi have so much delectable food to offer that you can’t even get in a five-star hotel. There is no type of food that you can’t find on the streets of Delhi.
The street food of Delhi will not only tickle your taste buds but leave your soul feeling satisfied and happy. So, if you are wondering what are the best street food places in Delhi? Here are some of the most popular street food places of Delhi mentioned below which are hard to miss:
- Aslam chicken corner – there is no other name when we talk about old Delhi’s iconic street food place which is Aslam chicken corner. The place is located in the streets of Jama Masjid. Some of their favorite dishes are butter chicken which is loaded in butter, tangdi chicken, chicken kebab, roomali roti, and a lot more. It is a pocket-friendly place with a casual seating area. The average cost of two people visiting Aslam chicken corner is Rs.300. This is the best street food place for chicken lovers.
- Khemchand Daulat ki chaat – if you are in search of unique as well as tempting street food in Delhi then Khemchand Daulat ki chaat should be on your priority list. The stall of Daulatkichaat can be found in the streets of Chandni Chowk. However, Khemchand’s Daulatkichaat is it’s USP dish. The guy prepares the chaat by adding sugar, some almonds, as well as crushed chenna for that crunchy soft taste. The chaat is priced only for Rs.50. Along with that, you can find many more varieties of chaat here.
- Kake di Hatti – One cannot call himself the big foodie if he hasn’t visited Kake di Hatti in Chandni Chowk. The place has been serving lip-smacking Indian dishes for more than 70 years. No wonder, with its popularity and success, the place is now called ‘King of Naan’. One must try their gobi paratha, paneer naan, etc. Its average cost for two is Rs.500.
- Changezi chicken – this place serves the best hot and spicy Changezi chicken. The meat of this dish is juicy, tender, and spicy. If you are someone with a weak stomach then you need to think twice before visiting this place. There are many more main course dishes served by this place. It is located at Pitampura and the average cost for two is Rs.500.
- Moolchanad Parantha – who doesn’t love a nice parantha? Some of the best items from this place are aloopyaazparatha, egg paratha, mango lassi, cheese garlic paratha, and a lot more. Skipping this place can be regretful. MoolchandParatha is located at Moolchand and its average cost for two is Rs.400.
- Dolma Aunty Momos – if you are a hardcore fan of momos then this is a must-visit stall for you. It’s one of the oldest momos stalls in Delhi where you can get lip-smacking chicken and vegetarian momos with a delicious red chutney. The aunty belongs to Tibet and has brought authentic flavors for the city people to relish. Due to it’s rising popularity, it’s difficult to get momos if you are late. So, better visit the stall as early as possible. It is located in Lajpat Nagar II Central Market. It’s so famous that anyone can take you to the stall. A plate of momos starts from Rs. 50/-
- Gupta Chaat Corner – It is yet another delicious chaat corner in Delhi that one should not miss. If you love spicy and sweet chaats then you can satiate your craving for it here. You can find out a variety of chaats, including aloo tikki, chole tikki chaat, etc. Along with that, you can find out many more snacks such as tandoori chaap roll. This place is nothing short of heaven for spicy street food lovers. It is located near Guru Nanak School, West Punjabi Bagh.
- Gupta Ji Kulfi Wale – if you love to have authentic kulhad kulfi then this is the best place to visit. We all know that there is no comparison of traditional kulfi that comes out of kulhad. Mr. Guptaji, the owner of this stall, knows how to make you go weak in the knees. He brings unique and lip-smacking flavors in his wide range of kulfis with some extra toppings on it. It is located on Gurudwara Road, Tilak Nagar. It’s so popular that you can easily ask anyone there.
- Raju Chur Chur Naan – if you are craving chur chur naan then this is the mecca for it. The place serves a variety of chur chur naans with different vegetables, pickles, curd, and chutney. Every chur chur naan is stuffed with dry fruits, unique masala, and veggies to bring amazing flavors to your mouth. You will literally feel the crunch while having naans. The plate of chur chur naan will cost you around Rs 150/-. It is located at Manish Corner Plaza, Dwarka.
- Natraj Dahi Bhalla – It is nothing short of heaven for chaat and dahi bhalla lovers. If you are someone who always craves authentic street food with spices then visit this place. It’s famous for it’s unique aloo ki chaat, Dahi Bhalla, Dahi pakoras, etc. The price for every dish is very nominal. And, it’s located opposite the Central Bank, Chandni Chowk.
It is hard to ignore finger-licking good street food in Delhi. The above-mentioned street food places in the streets of Delhi should be on your priority list or you’ll regret it later.